Introducing Digital Week 2019 Tech Fair
Last year 2018, we held the first ever digital week. In that one week long event, participants were trained on Two tech skills - Web Development using Wordpress and Graphics Design. But this year we are expanding the event from a mere skill acquisition event to a full scale one-week tech fair in celebration of the impact of IT education.
And in doing this, we have outlined a series of activities to hold in the fair from Monday 16th - Friday 20th December, 2019 as follows:
- Monday 16th - Kick off Ceremony, Keynote sessions, Tech talks and exhibitions
- Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 18th - Skill Acquisition Workshops on:
- Python Programming
- Graphics Design
- CCTV Installation
- IoT Engineering
- Thursday 19th - Kids Fair (Training session, Game competitions and prizes for kids 5 - 13 years old)
- Friday 20th - Closing ceremony and tech party and games. Lots to eat and drink
This year we are partnering with lots of brands around to make the week more eventful and colorful. Our Partners for Digital Week 2019 are:
- Zcexconn - Zcexconn System is a digital hardware company that specializes in building and programming security doors, IoT products, sensor doors etc. Zcexconn will also be exhibiting at the tech exhibition and faciloitating the IoT engineering workshop
- Desire Blog - Desire Blog is a tech blog that delivers regular and quality updates on general news, tech startups, events, entrepreneurship, etc. They will be covering the whole event on their blog
- WeDeyBrand - WeDeyBrand is a Graphics Design and Digital Branding company that produces high quality industry standard graphics and branding contents for individuals and businesses. They will be facilitating the Graphics Design session
- Ariariaonline - Ariaria Online is digitalizing the Ariaria International Market into a big-bang e-commerce platform that will connect local traders in the famous market with buyers and investors worldwide
- Tech News Hub - TechNewsHub specializes in covering local and global trends and discovering in technology and making the information available to their subscribers. They will partnering with us to cover the event in their blog
- Minda - MINDA is a FInland-based mobile phone engineering firm with a strong presence in the Aba ecosystem. They have been in partnership with Abia State Government to train and empower Abia Youths with mobile phone engineering skills. We are partnering with MINDA to train people on Mobile Phone Assembly and Digital Hardware Engineering at this year's Digital Week.
Our kickoff event on Monday will be graced by the following keynote speakers:
- Joe Nkoro
Joe Nkoro is a pragmatic and people oriented individual who has made giant strides in the area of youth capacity development, orientation, empowerment , youths in government and good governance advocacy. He was the Abia State Gubernatoral candidate for the Young Peoples Party (YPP) in the just concluded 2019 elections
Engr Emmanuel Kalu Alicho
Engr Alicho is a trained engineer with passion for people development and capacity building. He was part of the team that worked with the Abia State government to develop an ICT policy for the state. He is the Director of Minda Advanced Technologies in Nigeria. Minda is a Finland-based mobile phone engineering company that is currently in partnership with the Abia State government to train and certify young people in Mobile Phone Engineering including - assembly, repairs and production.
place in Aba
Psalms is a young and dynamic techpreneur with years of proven passion for building software products and initiating change. He is committed to using technology as a tool to transform Nigeria.
His impact in tech community building is already being felt in the Python programming and Data Science communities. He is the CEO of Ashpot Ltd
Other speakers include: Ufere Samuel, Damian Mario, Solomon Okoroafor, Okonkwo Sylvester, Wilson Obinna. It promises to be an exciting week and we are looking forward to having an exciting celebration with you all.
We would like to hear from you to know how you have benefitted from this article. Please feel free to share a comment. (You will need to be logged into your Facebook account to do this)